Ely Leisure Centre
A new £13m ‘state of the art’ major wet and dry Leisure Centre on a high profile site on the edge of Ely. The development includes extensive landscaping and safe access for pedestrians and cyclists via a new underpass.
The scheme received planning approval in March 2011 and the Council is currently investigating funding options for the development.
The building is designed around a central Hub which includes the following elements;
• Main Pool (25m 6 lane pool with half-length moveable floor)
• Leisure Water and flumes
• Wet area spectator provision
• Sports Hall (6 badminton court)
• Fitness Suite (100 stations)
• Wet Health Suite
• Squash Courts (2)
• Studio/Multi-purpose rooms
• Children’s soft play area
• Ancillary facilities (change, plant, toilets, reception, café, etc)
• 200 parking spaces and landscaping.