Hydrology, Flood Management & Planning
Clarkebond offers a range of hydrology and flood risk services to assist developers, architects, planners and local authorities achieve the right development options, whatever the project and whatever the land use. This support includes land promotion, planning application support and implementation of flood risk improvements and solutions including the discharge of planning conditions.
We have experienced teams of professionals who have considerable knowledge of policies, legislation, best practice guidelines and procedures relevant to the water industry and town and country planning.
Whether for a single use site or a major mixed use development we use our skill and experience to achieve results that satisfy our clients’ interests, the requirements of regulators and the aspirations of the new communities that will live with solutions we design.
Our teams use the latest thinking, tools and techniques to identify sustainable solutions and set out a robust evidence base to underpin proposals. Multi-disciplinary working is an important part of what we do, not only with our engineering colleagues but with our client and consultant teams.
- Project-specific Flood Risk and Flood Consequence Assessments (including FRAs for solar energy generation schemes)
- Strategic Flood Risk and Flood Consequence Assessments
- Hydraulic modelling and assessments.
- Drainage strategies
- Water Resources, Hydrology, Drainage & Flood Risk analyses for Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Statements
- SuDS Concept Statements
- Development of flood mitigation options
- Preparation of flood management plans
- Preparation of Flood Evacuation Plans
- Provision of design and construction support
- Hydrological investigations
- Master-planning support
- Catchment hydrology and water impact studies
- Planning Appeals (Statements to Expert Witness), examination in public enquiries (EIPs)
For more information on Flood Risk, click here