Our highly qualified, experienced ground engineering teams deliver practical, innovative, yet commercial, solutions to complex problems and have a depth of expertise to mitigate risk. Our engineers (Specialists in Land Condition (SiLC)*, “Qualified Persons”, chartered engineers, etc) apply their skills to the specific challenges of both greenfield and brownfield sites, where comprehensive assessment and investigation is required to identify and define the ground risks and measures to overcome them. Even greenfield sites can contain risks from mining, natural geological hazards, nearby landfills, heavy metals, etc.
Our development services cover pre-site acquisition, pre- and post planning stages, validation/verification of any remediation and other risk reduction measures, addressing the aspirations of developers and regulatory bodies e.g. planning authorities and the Environment Agency.
- Site Investigation
- Desk Studies (Phase 1)
- Intrusive site investigations (Phase 2)
- Preliminary qualitative risk assessments
- Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Contamination remediation design & validation
- Waste assessment & management
- Foundation & substructure design
- Slope stability & retaining structures
- Ground treatment
- Highways and drainage
- Environmental due diligence
- Forensic investigations
- Expert witness opinion
* The Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) Register scheme recognises the skills and competence of those working in the land condition sector. A registered SiLC is a senior practitioner who has a broad awareness, knowledge and understanding of land condition issues, providing impartial and professional advice in their field of expertise. The use of a SiLC (or equivalent) is likely to become mandatory in order to provide assurance to the regulators (Local Authorities and the Environment Agency/NRW/SEPA) and to clients, that the risks arising from land contamination have been adequately assessed and dealt with by competent people.
For more information on Ground Engineering, click here
For more information on Site Viability & Development, click here
Jon Palmer - email@example.com or 020 7939 0959
André Gilleard - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 929 2244